Community Surgical Scheme
The Deepings Practice has a purpose built level 3 surgical theatre offering community based surgical procedures, provided through the Community Surgical Scheme in Lincolnshire.
Delivering care that is more accessible and convenient within a relaxing and familiar environment.
All procedures performed by suitably qualified General Practitioners and hospital consultants
Excellent Patient Care and experience
Fully-equipped day case theatre
Friendly professional staff
We offer a range of procedures and treatments, all bookable through the NHS e-Referral Service, and include:
Trigger Finger / Thumb Ingrown Toenail Excision
Carpal Tunnel Release Cyst / Lipoma Excision
Steroid Injection Ulna Nerve Entrapment
Ganglion Excision (any site) Eyelid Cyst Excision
Morton’s Neuroma Vasectomy
Basal Cell Carcinomas (BCC) low risk* (see below for criteria)
We also provide Community based Ultrasound Scans.
*Criteria for Low Risk BCC
If the lesion is:
- located below the clavicle (that is, not on the head or neck)
- less than 1 cm in diameter with clearly defined margins
- not a recurrent BCC following incomplete excision
- not a persistent BCC that has been incompletely excised according to histology
- not morphoeic, infiltrative or basosquamous in appearance
- not located:
- over important underlying anatomical structures (for example, major vessels or nerves)
- in an area where primary surgical closure may be difficult (for example, digits or front of shin)
- in an area where difficult excision may lead to a poor cosmetic result
- at another highly visible anatomical site (for example, anterior chest or shoulders) where a good cosmetic result is important to the patient.
If the BCC does not meet the above criteria, or there is any diagnostic doubt, following discussion with the patient they should be referred to a member of the LSMDT.
If the patient is:
- aged 24 years or younger (that is, a child or young adult)
- immunosuppressed or has Gorlin’s syndrome